MASEA conducts a selection process for its membership to recognize an outstanding supervisor of student employees. The goal of this program is celebrate the accomplishments of those that are working directly with our student employees in supervisory roles. This award was established to recognize the invaluable role our supervisors play in the development of our student employees. Acting as role models, mentors, coaches, and more – our supervisors provide education outside the classroom.
This program begins at the institutional level and progresses to the regional level. Students at colleges and universities across the region are asked to nominate supervisors they feel are worthy of recognition.
New in 2020: MASEA will recognize a regional winner and two runner-up awards instead of state winners. The timeline has been moved up to be consistent with the SEOTY process for 2020.
· December 2, 2019 - Distribute announcement and application materials to members in their region. Student Employment staff should distribute to students across their campus.
· February 14, 2020 - SESEOTY nominations are due to the campus Student Employment office.
· March 2, 2020 - Notifications of campus winners are due to the Regional SESEOTY Coordinator through online submission.
· March 23 - March 27, 2020 – MASEA Student Employee Supervisor of the Year and runner up finalists are selected and winner's school is notified by MASEA.
· April 12 - April 18, 2020 - National Student Employment Week observed. Celebrate nominees and winners!
Submit winners HERE.
SESOTY – 2019 State Winners
Illinois - Tianna Richards, Moraine Valley Community College
Indiana - Sarah Eltzroth, IUPUI
Michigan - Michael Berdowski, Western Michigan University
*Missouri - Selena Foreman, Northwest Missouri State University
North Dakota - Aaron Flynn, University of North Dakota
Ohio - Anthony Rodriguez, University of Dayton
Wisconsin - Cassandra Worner, University of Wisconsin - La Crosse
*Indicates regional winner